ViiV Healthcare Europe strengthens its commitments for transparency in supporting European healthcare professional to access independent medical training through medical congresses. Since January 2016, ViiV Healthcare Europe has decided to avoid any transfer of value directly to healthcare professionals.
Nonetheless, in this evolving context, ViiV Healthcare Europe has decided to maintain its financial support to Overcome company, in order to promote up-to-date and quality independent scientific training as well as medical information for healthcare professionals in Europe.
To that end, each grant request will be reviewed by a scientific committee of independent experts (without any control, influence or involvement from ViiV Healthcare Europe).
Key dates :
• February 28, 2020 : grant request submission deadline*
• March 10, 2020 : notifications of acceptance
Upon application approval, Overcome will take in charge your hospitality.
NOTE : This support is only for European healthcare professionals working in Europe (physicians, virologist, pharmacist).
1/ Who can benefit from the grant?
• European healthcare professionals with a scientific interest in participating in the congress for their patients’ benefit.
• European healthcare professionals who are speaker / moderator / abstract presenter.
2/ What is taken in charge?
• Congress registration (including breaks and lunches included in the registration fee)
• Transportation (travel from the city of exercice to Avignon – train ticket in 1st class or plane ticket in economy class)
• Transfers from train station / airport to hotel
• The dinner(s) organized by Overcome.
This support is done directly through Overcome without any transfer of value.
When necessary, transfers between the hotel and the congress venue can also be arranged.
Any other costs not included in this package will not be reimbursed:
1. Parking Fees
2. Taxi costs
3. Catering not included in the registration or not organized by Overcome
4. Activities outside the congress
5. Mileage charges when using a personal vehicle
6. Transport and accommodation costs for people living within 50 km.
If the grant request is validated, no fees paid in advance will be reimbursed by Overcome.
Transport is taken care of directly by Overcome.
3/ Who selects the participants?
The selection is made by an independent scientific Committee (without any monitoring, influence or involvement from ViiV Healthcare in the process).
1. Scientific interest in participating in the congress based on current or published scientific research work
2. Scientific interest in participating in the congress according to the benefit that can be brought to patients
3. Knowledge update, transmission or sharing of knowledge
4. Active participation in the congress (speaker/ moderator/ abstract presenter)
A short CVwill be asked.
For abstract submitters (oral communication or poster), only one author among the co-authors may benefit from the grant..
The grant is NOMINATIVE and PERSONAL.